Visit a modern oil mill with more than 4500 trees (15 hectares) in the hearth of Umbria. Learn about the various phases for processing olives with the aim to produce a vey High Standard Extra Virgin Olive Oil and comparison with old and now obsolete techniques.
During this tour you will discover:
- the history of olive trees and Olive Oil starting from Fenicians, Romans to modern times.
- Olive oils production in the world and explanation of cultivated varieties (Cultivars)
- How olive oils are classified in accordance to International regulations
- How to read the labels, to avoid misleading advertising and to choose best quality products.
- How to use EVOO while cooking and associated risks (smoke point temperature).
You will visit a nearby olive grove with explanations of the various cultivars and cultivation technique.
You'll partecipate to session on EVOO tasting during which participants are taught the main principles on how to appreciate the qualities of a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil and how to use it in combination with gourmet or day to day food.
Get ready to live and amazing experience!
It is not only the Italians’ favorite dressing, but it can be used also as a hair tonic.…
The Basilica of Saint Francis is a bi-level 13th-century building which preserves the tomb of Saint…